Assignment 3: Portfolio
Word limit: 2000 (+/- 10%)
The purpose of this assignment is to extend and build your professional resources by drawing on your learning about Indigenous culture, history, education and perspectives. A portfolio is a demonstration of your professional growth and improvement as a teacher as well as a useful place to store and curate ideas, examples and a place for reflection.
You will have an opportunity to plan authentic learning experiences, putting into practice your learnings from this unit and creating something you can share with your future students to help them learn about Indigenous people and perspectives. You can use this portfolio to demonstrate that you have met the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers:
• 1.4 Strategies for teaching Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students:
o Demonstrate broad knowledge and understanding of the impact of culture, cultural identity and linguistic background on the education of students from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
• 2.4 Understand and respect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to promote reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians:
o Demonstrate broad knowledge of, understanding of and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories, cultures and languages.
Related learning outcomes
This task is assessing your ability to meet the following unit learning outcomes:
3. Identify how indigenous education and perspectives aligns with teachers’ professional role as advocates for children and their families.
4. Reflect on your own attitudes and values in relation to Indigenous people and how these may affect your teaching and professional relationships.
6. Plan authentic learning experiences that enable all children and young people to learn about Indigenous people and perspectives
Develop a portfolio of your learning experience in this unit. Your portfolio should comprise the following:
Two lesson plans using the template provided
1. An outline/plan of an authentic learning experience for prior-to-school age children (600 words).
2. An outline/plan of an authentic learning experience for primary school age children (600 words).
Irrespective of which Bachelor of Education program you are enrolled in (Primary or Early Childhood), being able to demonstrate your ability to plan authentic learning experiences for both cohorts is a necessary part of your teacher education.
3. Reflect on your own current attitudes and values (including potential bias and prejudice, and from where this might originate) in relation to Indigenous peoples and how these may affect your teaching and professional relationships (300 words).
o How would you identify racism or prejudice?
o How could you address this?
4. Identify how Indigenous education and perspectives align with your professional role as an advocate for children and families (200 words).
5. Discuss and give examples of how you will plan and use authentic learning experiences to enable all children learn about Indigenous peoples and perspectives. (300 words).
• How can you include Indigenous theories and ways of knowing?
• How can you avoid doing this with a tokenistic approach, for example, only in NAIDOC week?
Refer to the separate Learning plan template document for an outline of the required features for your two learning experiences.
The following resources will support you in completing this assignment:
• Referencing guideLinks to an external site. (this includes guidelines on how to cite and reference ACARA and ELYF).
• Assignment supportLinks to an external site..
Preparing your assignment
You will prepare your assignment as a Word document, which must include:
1. Two lesson plans using the template provided.
2. Supporting documentation which includes your response to points 3, 4 and 5 above.
3. A reference list in which you cite all sources of information you used for all components according to APA referencing conventions. Your reference list must start on a new page. Do not use bullet or numbered points in your reference list, and ensure it is ordered alphabetically.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Our writers have been trained on how to handle papers placed by our clients. The writer must read and understand before embarking on writing the papers. In case of any issue that needs clarification, writers are encouraged to ask the client or support.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team comprises of the best writers and editors. We do thorough vetting during recruitment to make sure that our writers have the knowledge and experience we aspire in the team.
Free Unlimited Revisions
Our aim is to give the client the best outcome. If for some reason you are not satisfied with the wok done, you can ask the paper to be revised or rewritten. This will be done to your satisfaction with no extra charges.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
We have writers who work round the clock. This helps in making sure that all our clients’ papers are delivered on time. If we have issues with the deadline, we will ask for extension. If its not possible, the money is fully refunded.
Original & Confidential
Our clients’ confidentiality is highly respected. We can never disclose our clients’ details to third parties. In the same regard, we strive to give our clients 100% original papers. We do not tolerate plagiarism from our writers.
24/7 Customer Support
Clients can reach us any time of the day, and any day of the week. There is a live chat, email or phone numbers to help in ease of communication.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
You should never be worried about your papers even in the middle of the night. Our team will work round the clock to deliver.
We have an able team that can deliver your work in the shortest time possible. The academic level or the type of work should never be a hindrance. Our highly competent support team is always around (24/7) to give you any assistance you may need.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
Do you need to be admitted in your dream institution but find it challenging to write an admission essay? Our team is in a position to write the best letter that will guarantee you an admission. We do as well write the best business proposals and reports.
Writing can be fun and enjoyable when everything has been done right. Writing is not just enough without proper editing and proofreading. We have a team of editors that ensure everything falls in place, whether its issues to do with grammar or referencing styles.
Once the paper has been done and submitted, that is not the end of it. You can always ask for amendment or improvement if you feel something has not been done right. Our team of writers and editors will gladly assist you to your satisfaction. Revision is free of charge.