Social Justice Paper: Understanding Myself as an Advocate.
The purpose of this paper is to reflect on the reasons you have decided to undertake the challenge of becoming an advocate, in addition to applying theoretical constructs to your understanding of yourself. As advocates, we need to have a good understanding of how these strengths and challenges manifest.
In this paper, you should spend some time developing your reasons for wanting to become an advocate.
The paper will be conceptualized into three sections:
The first section, which should be approximately three (3) pages,
· will provide some explanation about your motivations for entering the field. Here you should demonstrate significant understanding and reflection and explore the reasons that undergird your decision to embark on advancing your academic training in a program based on social justice principles.
· As opposed to merely listing reasons why you want to be an advocate, you should explore the reasons with insight and forethought. For instance, stating that you want to help people, while commendable, is not the aim of this section.
· Exploring what advocacy/helping means to you, how you have been impacted by advocates/help in your life, explaining what you mean by “helping behavior,” what you need to know, understand or recognize as an advocate/helper, etc., is more fitting with this section of the paper).
In the next section, which should also be about five (5) pages
· you will choose one or more social justice issues in your life and analyze these theoretically relying extensively on the course textbooks and materials.
· In order for your paper to be the best it can be, you should choose something that is especially pertinent and meaningful for you. For example, suppose racism or poverty has impacted your life in a significant way. You could explain how this issue has been a challenge in your life, and then explore it from several systemic theoretical perspectives.
· Explore the origin of this problem, its systemic development and maintenance. Be sure to discuss the connection between your individual experience of the social justice issue and the connection to systemic opportunities and/or barriers (e.g., access to education, employment opportunities, access to healthcare,).
· Lastly, given what you know now at the end of this course, describe how you in the role of counselor would move forward addressing this social justice issue at the micro (individual) level and also at the macro (societal/institutional) level.
Your last section should be a concluding section and should be approximately two (2) pages in length.
· Address what you have learned by writing your paper, what conclusions you draw about advocacy, and how what you have learned will inform your future practice in the counseling profession at both the micro and macros systemic levels.
· Finally, share your reaction to the assignment, what feelings emerged, what you came to realize over the course of the semester and any struggles you faced internalizing and integrating the content.
BOOK (please use the book as reference)
Lewis, J., Ratts, M., Toporek, R. (2010). ACA Advocacy Competencies: A Social Justice Framework for Counselors. Alexandira, VA.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Our writers have been trained on how to handle papers placed by our clients. The writer must read and understand before embarking on writing the papers. In case of any issue that needs clarification, writers are encouraged to ask the client or support.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team comprises of the best writers and editors. We do thorough vetting during recruitment to make sure that our writers have the knowledge and experience we aspire in the team.
Free Unlimited Revisions
Our aim is to give the client the best outcome. If for some reason you are not satisfied with the wok done, you can ask the paper to be revised or rewritten. This will be done to your satisfaction with no extra charges.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
We have writers who work round the clock. This helps in making sure that all our clients’ papers are delivered on time. If we have issues with the deadline, we will ask for extension. If its not possible, the money is fully refunded.
Original & Confidential
Our clients’ confidentiality is highly respected. We can never disclose our clients’ details to third parties. In the same regard, we strive to give our clients 100% original papers. We do not tolerate plagiarism from our writers.
24/7 Customer Support
Clients can reach us any time of the day, and any day of the week. There is a live chat, email or phone numbers to help in ease of communication.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
You should never be worried about your papers even in the middle of the night. Our team will work round the clock to deliver.
We have an able team that can deliver your work in the shortest time possible. The academic level or the type of work should never be a hindrance. Our highly competent support team is always around (24/7) to give you any assistance you may need.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
Do you need to be admitted in your dream institution but find it challenging to write an admission essay? Our team is in a position to write the best letter that will guarantee you an admission. We do as well write the best business proposals and reports.
Writing can be fun and enjoyable when everything has been done right. Writing is not just enough without proper editing and proofreading. We have a team of editors that ensure everything falls in place, whether its issues to do with grammar or referencing styles.
Once the paper has been done and submitted, that is not the end of it. You can always ask for amendment or improvement if you feel something has not been done right. Our team of writers and editors will gladly assist you to your satisfaction. Revision is free of charge.