Option 1: Preparing for a Forensic Investigation
You are an employee at D&B Investigations, a firm that contracts with individuals, companies, and government agencies to conduct computer forensics investigations. D&B employees are expected to observe the following tenets, which the company views as the foundation for its success:
· Give concerted attention to clients’ needs and concerns.
· Follow proper procedures and stay informed about legal issues.
· Maintain the necessary skill set to apply effective investigative techniques using the latest technologies.
Your manager has just scheduled a meeting with an important prospective client, and she has asked you to be part of the team that is preparing for the meeting. The prospective client is Brendan Oliver, a well-known celebrity. Last night, Mr. Oliver’s public relations team discovered that someone obtained three photos that were shot on his smartphone, and tried to sell the photos to the media. Due to the sensitive nature of the photos, Mr. Oliver and his team have not yet contacted law enforcement. They would like to know if D&B can provide any guidance or support related to the investigation—or, at the very least, if D&B can help them prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future. At this time, they do not know how the photos were acquired. The public relations team is wondering if a friend, family member, or employee could have gained direct access to Mr. Oliver’s phone and obtained the photos that way, although the phone is usually locked with a passcode when Mr. Oliver is not using it. In addition, Mr. Oliver e-mailed the photos to one other person several months ago; he has not spoken with that person in the last few weeks, but he does not believe that person would have shared the photos with anyone else.
Your manager plans to use this initial meeting with Mr. Oliver and his public relations team to establish rapport, learn more about the case, and demonstrate the firm’s expertise. The company sees this as an opportunity to build future business, regardless of whether they are retained to help with the investigation of this case.
To help the team prepare for the meeting, your manager asks you (and your colleagues) to consider and record your responses the following questions:
· What is the nature of the alleged crime, and how does the nature of the crime influence a prospective investigation?
· Based on the limited information provided in the scenario, what is the rationale for launching an investigation that uses computer forensic activities? Would D&B and/or law enforcement need additional information in order to determine if they should proceed with an investigation? Why or why not?
· What would you share with the client about how investigators prepare for and conduct a computer forensics investigation? Identify three to five key points that are most relevant to this case.
· What sources of evidence would investigators likely examine in this case? Provide concrete examples and explain your rationale.
· What should the client, investigators, and others do—or not do—to ensure that evidence could be used in a court of law? Using layman’s terms, explain laws and legal concepts that should be taken into account during the collection, analysis, and presentation of evidence.
· What questions and concerns do you think the client will have?
· What questions should the team ask the client to learn more about the case and determine the next steps?
Must be 3 pages
12 page font
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Our writers have been trained on how to handle papers placed by our clients. The writer must read and understand before embarking on writing the papers. In case of any issue that needs clarification, writers are encouraged to ask the client or support.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team comprises of the best writers and editors. We do thorough vetting during recruitment to make sure that our writers have the knowledge and experience we aspire in the team.
Free Unlimited Revisions
Our aim is to give the client the best outcome. If for some reason you are not satisfied with the wok done, you can ask the paper to be revised or rewritten. This will be done to your satisfaction with no extra charges.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
We have writers who work round the clock. This helps in making sure that all our clients’ papers are delivered on time. If we have issues with the deadline, we will ask for extension. If its not possible, the money is fully refunded.
Original & Confidential
Our clients’ confidentiality is highly respected. We can never disclose our clients’ details to third parties. In the same regard, we strive to give our clients 100% original papers. We do not tolerate plagiarism from our writers.
24/7 Customer Support
Clients can reach us any time of the day, and any day of the week. There is a live chat, email or phone numbers to help in ease of communication.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
You should never be worried about your papers even in the middle of the night. Our team will work round the clock to deliver.
We have an able team that can deliver your work in the shortest time possible. The academic level or the type of work should never be a hindrance. Our highly competent support team is always around (24/7) to give you any assistance you may need.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
Do you need to be admitted in your dream institution but find it challenging to write an admission essay? Our team is in a position to write the best letter that will guarantee you an admission. We do as well write the best business proposals and reports.
Writing can be fun and enjoyable when everything has been done right. Writing is not just enough without proper editing and proofreading. We have a team of editors that ensure everything falls in place, whether its issues to do with grammar or referencing styles.
Once the paper has been done and submitted, that is not the end of it. You can always ask for amendment or improvement if you feel something has not been done right. Our team of writers and editors will gladly assist you to your satisfaction. Revision is free of charge.