Genre Study Log: Fantasy or Science Fiction Assignment Instructions
Teachers are responsible for selecting and presenting quality books in various genres within their classrooms. This assignment will provide you with a scaffold to assist you in organizing your thoughts so that you can assess your developing understandings of the literature with which you are interacting. For this genre study log assignment, you will investigate three books in the fantasy or science fiction genre.
For this Genre Study Log Assignment, the candidate will select and read three quality children’s or adolescent books in the fantasy or science fiction genre. All elementary and special education candidates must select books for PreK-5th grade and middle school candidates select books 5th – 8th grade.
This genre study log will include these parts:
1. Book Title and Author
2. Book Level: Choose a leveling system (Lexile, guided reading, DRA, grade level, etc.) and list out the book level.
3. VA SOL or Common Core Standard: List out a standard (and sub-standard, if included) that you could teach using the book.
4. Summary Response: Literature summaries should include plot details, descriptions of main characters, mentions of major conflicts, brief descriptions of the resolutions of these conflicts, and a sentence on the theme of the novel. Write the summary using your own words. This section should include 100-150 words.
5. Personal Response: Write your personal response to the events, characters, and themes in the story. These responses should indicate your connection to the story, noting similarities and differences to your own life through the use of personal examples and references to the story. This section should include 100-150 words.
6. Pedagogical Response: In preparing this response, consideration should be given to the following questions:
· For whom would this book be appropriate? Does it have universal appeal? If not, what kind of student (e.g., gender, age, reading ability) would find this book of interest? Why?
· What benefits might one of your students derive from reading this book? What are the important ideas/concepts to be gained from reading this selection?
· Are there facets of the text that will require explanation if students are to understand and interpret them? How might you build knowledge in these areas before reading?
· With which characters are students most likely to identify? Least likely to identify? Why? Will they need help in understanding any of the characters’ motives or actions?
· Are there any aspects of language, structure, or style that need to be understood in order to facilitate comprehension and interpretation?
· How can this selection be related to students’ experiences, interests, and concerns?
· To what particular curricular goals and objectives does the book lend itself? How might the book be used to meet these goals and objectives?
· Are any aspects of the book potentially objectionable (e.g., language, tone, theme)? If so, what provisions might be made for handling these concerns?
· This section should include 100-150 words.
7. Explanation and Sample Activity: What type of student activity could you use with the chosen books and genres? Be sure it connects back to the chosen SOL/Common Core standard you listed. Write a brief (50 words) description of the activity and insert a sample picture of the activity. You do not need to create this yourself, but can use a teaching website to locate an appropriate, classroom ready activity.
8. References: Include a reference page formatted in current APA format.
Use the provided template entitled Genre Study Log Template. Please note: the same template is used for each genre study log assignment.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Our writers have been trained on how to handle papers placed by our clients. The writer must read and understand before embarking on writing the papers. In case of any issue that needs clarification, writers are encouraged to ask the client or support.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team comprises of the best writers and editors. We do thorough vetting during recruitment to make sure that our writers have the knowledge and experience we aspire in the team.
Free Unlimited Revisions
Our aim is to give the client the best outcome. If for some reason you are not satisfied with the wok done, you can ask the paper to be revised or rewritten. This will be done to your satisfaction with no extra charges.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
We have writers who work round the clock. This helps in making sure that all our clients’ papers are delivered on time. If we have issues with the deadline, we will ask for extension. If its not possible, the money is fully refunded.
Original & Confidential
Our clients’ confidentiality is highly respected. We can never disclose our clients’ details to third parties. In the same regard, we strive to give our clients 100% original papers. We do not tolerate plagiarism from our writers.
24/7 Customer Support
Clients can reach us any time of the day, and any day of the week. There is a live chat, email or phone numbers to help in ease of communication.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
You should never be worried about your papers even in the middle of the night. Our team will work round the clock to deliver.
We have an able team that can deliver your work in the shortest time possible. The academic level or the type of work should never be a hindrance. Our highly competent support team is always around (24/7) to give you any assistance you may need.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
Do you need to be admitted in your dream institution but find it challenging to write an admission essay? Our team is in a position to write the best letter that will guarantee you an admission. We do as well write the best business proposals and reports.
Writing can be fun and enjoyable when everything has been done right. Writing is not just enough without proper editing and proofreading. We have a team of editors that ensure everything falls in place, whether its issues to do with grammar or referencing styles.
Once the paper has been done and submitted, that is not the end of it. You can always ask for amendment or improvement if you feel something has not been done right. Our team of writers and editors will gladly assist you to your satisfaction. Revision is free of charge.