1. A section of highway has vertical and horizontal curves with the same design speed. A vertical curve on this highway connects a +1% and a +3% grade and is 420 ft long. If a horizontal curve on this highway is on a two-lane section with 12-ft lanes and has a central angle of 37 degrees and a superelevation of 6%, what is the length of the horizontal curve?
2. A section of a two-lane highway (12-ft lanes) is designed for 75 mi/h. At one point a vertical curve connects a −2.5% and +1.5% grade. The PVT of this curve is at station 36 + 50. It is known that a horizontal curve starts (has PC) 294 ft before the vertical curve’s PVC. If the superelevation of the horizontal curve is 0.08 and the central angle is 38 degrees, what is the station of the PT?
3. Two straight sections of freeway cross at a right angle. At the point of crossing, the east-west highway is at elevation 150 ft and has a constant +5.0% grade (upgrade in the east direction), and the north-south highway is at elevation 125 ft and has a constant −3.0% grade (downgrade in the north direction). Design a 90-degree ramp that connects the northbound direction of travel to the eastbound direction of travel. Design the ramp for the highest design speed (to nearest 5 mi/h) with the constraint that the minimum allowable value of D is 8.0. (Assume that the PC of the horizontal curve is at station 15 + 00, and the vertical curve PVIs are at the PC and PT.) Give the stationing and elevations of the PC, PT, PVCs, and PVTs.
4. A crest vertical curve and a horizontal curve on the same highway have the same design speed. The equal-tangent vertical curve connects a +3% initial grade with a +1% final grade and has a PVC at 101 + 78 and a PVT at 106 + 72, The horizontal curve has a PI at 150 + 10 and a central angle of 75 degrees. If the superelevation of the horizontal curve is 8% and the road has two 12-ft lanes, what is the stationing of the PT?
5. West and east highway segments are separated by 600 ft horizontally. The west segment has a +2% grade and the east segment has a +1% grade. The west-grade segment ends at a higher elevation than the east segment and the two segments are connected by a joining sag and crest curve combination (so PVTs = PVCc). If the road is designed for 45 mi/h, what is the elevation difference between the west and east highway segments?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Our writers have been trained on how to handle papers placed by our clients. The writer must read and understand before embarking on writing the papers. In case of any issue that needs clarification, writers are encouraged to ask the client or support.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team comprises of the best writers and editors. We do thorough vetting during recruitment to make sure that our writers have the knowledge and experience we aspire in the team.
Free Unlimited Revisions
Our aim is to give the client the best outcome. If for some reason you are not satisfied with the wok done, you can ask the paper to be revised or rewritten. This will be done to your satisfaction with no extra charges.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
We have writers who work round the clock. This helps in making sure that all our clients’ papers are delivered on time. If we have issues with the deadline, we will ask for extension. If its not possible, the money is fully refunded.
Original & Confidential
Our clients’ confidentiality is highly respected. We can never disclose our clients’ details to third parties. In the same regard, we strive to give our clients 100% original papers. We do not tolerate plagiarism from our writers.
24/7 Customer Support
Clients can reach us any time of the day, and any day of the week. There is a live chat, email or phone numbers to help in ease of communication.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
You should never be worried about your papers even in the middle of the night. Our team will work round the clock to deliver.
We have an able team that can deliver your work in the shortest time possible. The academic level or the type of work should never be a hindrance. Our highly competent support team is always around (24/7) to give you any assistance you may need.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
Do you need to be admitted in your dream institution but find it challenging to write an admission essay? Our team is in a position to write the best letter that will guarantee you an admission. We do as well write the best business proposals and reports.
Writing can be fun and enjoyable when everything has been done right. Writing is not just enough without proper editing and proofreading. We have a team of editors that ensure everything falls in place, whether its issues to do with grammar or referencing styles.
Once the paper has been done and submitted, that is not the end of it. You can always ask for amendment or improvement if you feel something has not been done right. Our team of writers and editors will gladly assist you to your satisfaction. Revision is free of charge.